For your Texas Boarding School
All San Marcos Academy students must complete the registration process before starting classes at SMA. Students enrolling after the first week of school will arrange a registration date through the Admissions Office. The process generally take 1-2 hours to complete. Below are helpful links and Q&A’s to make your student’s registration process flow as smoothly as possible.
Several health forms must be turned in to the Student Health Center at registration Parents are encouraged to print and complete these forms ahead of time. All students (grades K-12) must also have a recent physical examination completed by a physician. Click one of the boxes below to download and print the medical forms your student must have, including the physical examination form.
TAPPS/Rank One Registration: Grades 6-12
For students in grades 6-12 who will participate in sports or fine arts competitions, parents should complete the online registration process for TAPPS Eligibility and Rank One. View the guide for instructions (see box below).
Following are links to some additional services we offer at San Marcos Academy.
Questions and Answers
A: Students should attend registration with a parent or guardian. The process will take between one and two hours for most students. The registration process begins in the school office of the Middle/Upper School academic building (Cavness-Reed Hall). During registration, families will make stops at the school office, business office, Student Health Center, IT department, Bookstore and Uniform Store. Students will also get a photo taken for their school ID, so they should have an appropriate haircut and wear appropriate attire. Middle and Upper School students will receive a class schedule and will have an opportunity to approve that schedule or make changes as needed. Boarding students will move into their dorm rooms once all other registration tasks are completed.
A: Invoices and other financial information, as well as instructions for using Smart Tuition, will be sent out by email once a student has been accepted. If you have not made arrangements for payment prior to your student’s registration date, please be prepared to do so during registration. Additionally, books, supplies and uniforms purchased through our campus bookstore or uniform shop must be paid for at the time of registration (by check, credit/debit card or cash).
A: Registration will go more smoothly if you can bring the following items:
• Current record of immunizations (if not already submitted to the school)
• Medical Insurance Information (copy of your student’s insurance card)
• Current physical examination (signed by a physician) and any medications that need to be left in the Health Center. This includes over-the-counter medications as well as prescription medications, especially for boarding students.
• Students and parents who will be driving their vehicles on campus regularly will need a permit for their automobile(s). Please have your license plate numbers handy for this purpose (we recommend taking a photo of your license plate so the number is available on your phone).
• Boarding students should have everything they need to move into their dormitory room. (Refer to our dormitory checklist)
Uniforms and Supplies