When a family has accepted the offer of admission to San Marcos Academy, we will invite that student to register as soon as possible. The information below will help explain the registration process. Included are links to some of the forms we will need to collect at the time of registration. Please contact the admissions office (512-753-8000) to schedule a registration appointment or for any questions about the process. We look forward to working with you!
Important Note: Students should have a recent physical examination (signed by a physician) to leave on file in the school health center at the time of registration. Our physical examination form can be printed and given to your student’s physician.
Questions and Answers
A: The registration process will take about one to two hours for most students. Additional time may be required for purchasing uniforms and, for boarding students, moving into a dormitory room. Following that, students (and parents) will make stops at the school office, business office, infirmary, IT department, bookstore and uniform store. Students will be getting a photo taken for their school ID, so please have appropriate haircuts (as per Student Handbook). Middle and Upper School students will receive a class schedule and will have an opportunity to approve that schedule or make changes as needed. Boarding students will also check in with their dormitory hall director and move into their dorm room.
A: Invoices and other financial information, as well as instructions for using Smart Tuition, will be sent out by email once a student has been accepted. If you have not made arrangements for payment prior to your student’s registration date, please be prepared to do so during registration. Additionally, books, supplies and uniforms purchased through our campus bookstore or uniform shop must be paid for at the time of registration (by check, credit/debit card or cash).
A: Registration will go more smoothly if you can bring the following items:
• Current record of immunizations (if not already submitted to the school)
• Current physical examination (signed by a physician) and any medications that need to be left in the infirmary.
• Upper School students who plan to use their own personal laptop for school should bring the laptop (fully charged) so our IT staff can load it with software and e-books. Any Mac or PC laptop in good working condition and less than three years old will suffice for the 1:1 program. Tablets and Chromebooks are not allowed, however. The Academy does sell a laptop through the bookstore if needed.
• Students and parents who will be driving their vehicles on campus regularly will need a permit for their automobile(s). Please have your license plate numbers handy for this purpose (we recommend taking a photo of your license plate so the number is available in your phone).
• Boarding students should have everything they need to move into the dormitory room. (Refer to our dormitory checklist)
A: Posted below are health forms [including the physical examination form] and other important forms that we require at registration. While we will have copies of these forms at registration, we recommend that you review the forms and complete them ahead of time in order to streamline the registration process. If parents or guardians are not able to accompany a student to registration, we strongly recommend completing the forms ahead of time and sending them with your student when he or she registers.
- Hold Harmless-Release
- Pre-participation Physical Examination form (Middle and Upper School only)
- Lower School Medical Certificate (Lower School only)
- Authorization for Medical Treatment
- Immunizations Requirements List (please provide a copy of your student’s immunizations)
- Pre-participation Medical History
- Medical Insurance Information (please provide a copy of your student’s insurance card, if applicable)
Middle and Upper School Students
Upper School Students Only
- TAPPS Student Acknowledgment of Rules (athletics)
- TAPPS Student Acknowledgement of Rules (fine arts)
Boarding Students Only
Uniforms and Supplies