At San Marcos Academy, breakfast, lunch and dinner are served throughout the week in the spacious Academy Dining Hall. Our food service is managed by Sodexo, a worldwide leader in quality of life services across the globe. The Sodexo staff works closely with our own Academy Texas boarding school staff to carefully consider every detail of our students’ academic journey, from their nutritional needs right down to the quality of the air they breathe. This comprehensive approach ensures an outstanding experience for students. The goal of the Texas school dining hall staff is to foster a community where students, teachers and administrators can interact in well-maintained and comfortable dining spaces to facilitate active learning and social interaction.
Contact manager Jimmy Medina (512-396-3787) for questions about our dining services. Sodexo also provides private catering services!
The Health Center staff includes four nurses:
Our nurses can be reached at 512-753-8030 or by emailing [email protected]. Health Center fax number is 512-753-8033.
Student Health Center
Located in Carroll Hall, the Dr. Benge Elliott Student Health Center is staffed by an excellent group of professional nurses who oversee our students’ medical care and wellbeing. The Health Center staff is charged with the following duties among others:
- Scheduling and arranging for boarding students needing immunizations and maintain records
- Completing the state mandated immunization report
- Handling emergency/urgent/sickness care as needed and communicating with parents whenever necessary
- Dispensing morning and noon medications as needed and notifying parents or pharmacy of refill requests
- Scheduling appointments and coordinating transportation of boarding students for off campus appointments
- Conducting state mandated screenings, including vision, hearing and scoliosis
- Assessing and caring for students and assisting with Doctor Call on Tuesday and Thursdays for boarding students as needed
The Dr. Benge Elliott Student Health Center was dedicated in 2018 in honor of Dr. Elliott, who served 27 years as the Academy physician, retiring in 1994. The Health Center is located in Carroll Hall.